Rough - In Bathroom in Basement (cost)

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Marty B., Mar 4, 2005.

1. Marty B.

Marty B. New Member

Hello all. I have a question regarding roughing in a bathroom in my unfinished basement. Actually, the builder did not rough-in hookups for a bathroom. My question is, approximately how much would it cost to have someone come in, bust up the floor, and rough-in hookups for a bathroom?

I really want to start finishing the basement, but the wife does not want to do anything unless we have a bathroom down there. So, I would like to get an idea of cost. Not an exact amount of course, but a round-about figure. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks! :)
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

cost

Absolutely no way to tell. It depends where it is going relative to the existing plumbing. How the items will be arranged. How difficult it will be to get a proper vent connected. All these items require that the plumber see your house before he can give you a price.
  3. Marty B.

Marty B. New Member

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I figured that would be the case. I'll just have to get some professionals in there, and get some quotes.
  4. murf

murf New Member

murf

You may want to consider one of the Saniflo upflush units for your basement application. You can check them out at www.saniflo.com or call 1-800-363-5874.