rotating Toto Vespin II toilet about 40 degrees

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by electricboat, Feb 10, 2012.

1. electricboat

electricboat New Member

I have an existing Toto toilet which I am moving and replacing it with a Toto Vespin II.

I would like to rotate the toilet up to 40 degrees to get it away from the side wall.

I am wondering about drilling two new holes in the Unifit adapter so that I can rotate the toilet.

Has anyone tried this?

Thanks
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

If the toilet flange has slots, you might get enough rotation by just sliding the bolts in their slots. If you're using the two fixed slots (generally stronger), that wouldn't work. You'd have to look at the construction of the adapter to see if it is reinforced well enough to put some new holes in it. There's not much stress on that connection if you follow normal practice and use some caulk to seal around the base after setting the toilet, so it would probably work. The wax won't care, it should seal regardless. The screws through the adapter into the floor are the primary means of anchoring of the toilet...the flange end only has to seal.
  3. Hackney plumbing

Hackney plumbing Homeowner

Unifit pictures

[​IMG]One[​IMG]two[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2012
  4. electricboat

electricboat New Member

I will take the existing toilet off to see the type of flange that is there.
    The thickness of the Unifit adapter is uniform. As seen in the pic from Hackney(thanks for posting the pics), there are ribs on either side of the existing holes for the washers to sit on.
    The new holes would move over to the 2 spaces between the ribs.
    The round raised portion on the bottom... 2nd pic from Hackney, is almost centered on the Unifit.
    I will make a template and see how it fits.

Thanks