Roots

Users who are viewing this thread

piilani56

Reaction score
I have roots coming out between my tile floor and the back lower edge of my toilet? What do I need to do? Thanks...Patti

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Remove the toilet, cut the roots away, and also dig the ones out of the floor between the concrete and the pipe if you can get to them. Then make a solution of water and a pound of salt, or copper sulfate crystals, and pour it down into the gap around the pipe. It will deter them for a long time, but eventually they will return. I have had customers with two toilets back to back and it would happen to one of them, and then 6 months later to the other one, and 6 months after that back to the first one. You will also find a tendril going into the pipe opening. Pull that out along with any root mass which has grown inside the pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks