Roman Tub hand held sprayer leak potential

Users who are viewing this thread

Susanna

Reaction score
We are building our home and will have a corner whirlpool tub with a Roman Tub Faucet. The tub is a drop in type and a platform is being built for it. I want a hand held sprayer that is mounted on the top of the tub, where the faucet will also be mounted. My husband is concerned about the hose being wet and dripping down into the framed and tiled decking and onto the subfloor underneath, especially since the area might not be accessible from the pump access door. We are building in the Colorado mountains at 8,220 feet and it is surprisingly a very dry atmosphere. Are there issues with moisture and hose dripping with the installation of a sprayer? We are looking at the Danze Personal Sprayer since the Tumbled Bronze matches the Danze Antioch Faucet.

As a side note, we had considered using a single handled kitchen faucet with a sprayer in the spout...a pull up type...and actually ordered one we liked by Kraus. But the intake tubing is so small in diameter that we thought it would take days to fill the tub. I would still like to pursue that, but doubt there are any that have the filling capacity of a Roman Tub Faucet. I couldn't find any Roman Tub faucets that were similar to a single handle kitchen sprayer/faucet combo.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A kitchen faucet is flow restricted to prevent wasting water. It would take far too long to fill a tub with one. Roman tub sets are set up for quick filling of the tub.
If you install a hand sprayer, it would be a good idea to either set the tub up so that it can be removed for hose access, or an access panel.
I don't think a lot of water drips down the hose, though I've had that thought too. You know a little bit will find it's way.

Susanna

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I will share your input with my husband. Good to know you've also had that thought. We will have a look at the tub installation specs and see if we can place the sprayer closest to the access panel. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks