roman tub filler in acrylic tub?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by luv2jam, Jul 24, 2012.

1. luv2jam

luv2jam New Member

Jul 24, 2012
    nor. cal
    my plumber questions the longevity and integrity of a deck mounted roman tub filler with a hand held faucet (Grohe 3 holes total) in an acrylic tub. The tub is a neptune wind

here is the link to the tub:
    GROHE 32 232 000 Essence Roman Tub Filler with Personal Hand Shower, Chrome

Here is the link to the faucet:

he is suggesting a wall filler instead. Are his concerns valid?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    From a repair point of view, he's right.
    A faucet installed on a deck is pretty easy to repair and maintain. Replacement of the hose is another matter.
    A wall mount hose attachment is forever in plain sight. If you had an access panel for a repair down the line, then it wouldn't matter, but that tub looks pretty closed in. However, I've seen plenty of these installed on decks. I don't so much mind installing them, they should last years. Going back to service the hose? Yeow!
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. luv2jam

luv2jam New Member

Jul 24, 2012
    nor. cal
    Thank you Terry for the quick reply! So I talked with my contractor and we decided to put in an access door based on your input. Thanks!