roman tub filler in acrylic tub?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by luv2jam, Jul 24, 2012.

1. luv2jam

luv2jam New Member

my plumber questions the longevity and integrity of a deck mounted roman tub filler with a hand held faucet (Grohe 3 holes total) in an acrylic tub. The tub is a neptune wind

here is the link to the tub:
    GROHE 32 232 000 Essence Roman Tub Filler with Personal Hand Shower, Chrome

Here is the link to the faucet:

he is suggesting a wall filler instead. Are his concerns valid?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

From a repair point of view, he's right.
    A faucet installed on a deck is pretty easy to repair and maintain. Replacement of the hose is another matter.
    A wall mount hose attachment is forever in plain sight. If you had an access panel for a repair down the line, then it wouldn't matter, but that tub looks pretty closed in. However, I've seen plenty of these installed on decks. I don't so much mind installing them, they should last years. Going back to service the hose? Yeow!
  3. luv2jam

luv2jam New Member

Thank you Terry for the quick reply! So I talked with my contractor and we decided to put in an access door based on your input. Thanks!