Roman tub and wall shower compatibility - HELP!

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by sheener_beener, Feb 5, 2011.

1. sheener_beener

sheener_beener New Member

We are currently building a new home and have decided to go with a drop in tub, which measures 34in x 66in and it will be dropped into and area measuring 84in x 42in, so the tub will have 8in on each end and 4in on each side. The original house plan calls for a corner shower, as well as the tub, but I have decided that I would rather have a shower in the tub and use the original shower space as a linen closet. The area is too large for a tub enclosure, so we've decided to cover the wall with ceramic tiles, and use a rainshower showerhead and wrap around shower curtain for when we do use the shower. I've been trying to find faucets, but it seems that I need a roman faucet, which I cannot seem to find with a shower system. Is it possible to install a roman faucet AND a wall rainshower faucet?!

:confused:
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

There are MANY Roman tub faucets with a built in diverter. Usually they come with a hand held shower next to the faucet, but you can connect your wall shower to it instead of the handheld and hose.
  3. Gsalet

Gsalet George the Plumber

Try a thermostatic valve by someone like grohe that can handle high flow. you would then install a on/off volume control for the tub and one for the shower and one for the hand held etc,etc...