Roman tub and wall shower compatibility - HELP!

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by sheener_beener, Feb 5, 2011.

1. sheener_beener

sheener_beener New Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Newfoundland, Canada
    We are currently building a new home and have decided to go with a drop in tub, which measures 34in x 66in and it will be dropped into and area measuring 84in x 42in, so the tub will have 8in on each end and 4in on each side. The original house plan calls for a corner shower, as well as the tub, but I have decided that I would rather have a shower in the tub and use the original shower space as a linen closet. The area is too large for a tub enclosure, so we've decided to cover the wall with ceramic tiles, and use a rainshower showerhead and wrap around shower curtain for when we do use the shower. I've been trying to find faucets, but it seems that I need a roman faucet, which I cannot seem to find with a shower system. Is it possible to install a roman faucet AND a wall rainshower faucet?!

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    There are MANY Roman tub faucets with a built in diverter. Usually they come with a hand held shower next to the faucet, but you can connect your wall shower to it instead of the handheld and hose.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Gsalet

Gsalet George the Plumber

Sep 19, 2010
    San Francisco
    Try a thermostatic valve by someone like grohe that can handle high flow. you would then install a on/off volume control for the tub and one for the shower and one for the hand held etc,etc...