Rohl Shower Ext [fe threads] question

Users who are viewing this thread

Seano

Reaction score
I wanted to install an "S" shaped extension to get my shower head up higher ... but when I removed the current shower extension arm (Rohl 90 degree w/an integrated flange), I realized it had fe threads and there was a threaded pipe sticking out from the wall (like a tub outlet would have). Obviously, the extension I purchased will not work unless I remove the stub.

Before trying to unthread it with a pipe wrench and ruining the threads, I wondered if there was any way to make a reasonable guess that it is threaded on both ends instead of sweated inside the wall? It appears to be brass (not galvanized).

Alternatively, has anyone seen an "S" shaped extension with fe thread option, which would eliminate the need to mess around with it?

Thanks for the input!

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would guess brass nipple, that could be removed with an internal "EasyOut" if you cant read behind the threads.

I've seen the S shower arms, and the pivoting ones. Hardware stores carry a few choices.

pipe_extractor.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks