Rocking Toto toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

linkrus

Reaction score
CST794SF_zoom.jpg

Toto Nexus
My newly installed Toto Nexus toilet is rocking. Any idea how to fix it? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Rocking Toilet

You can try tightening the floor bolts down a bit more. If it still rocks, you can shim and caulk the base. If it rocks really bad, you'll need to pull it and either lower the flange a bit or get one of those marble spacers.

Attachments

• Toilet Marble Spacer.jpg
    Toilet Marble Spacer.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,183
Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Take the toilet off, clean up the wax, then set it back down temporarily to see if it reaches the floor. If, as mentioned, the flange sits too high (it should be firmly anchored to the finished floor with no gaps under it), then that will have to be fixed first. Otherwise, figure out where you need shims - pennies, etc. work, or you can use other things, and then reinstall with a new wax ring. When finished, it must not rock or you will compromise the seal.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Toto Nexus uses an adapter.
I would pull the panels on the side of the bowl near the back, and loosen the hold down nuts.
Take some door shims, and slid them under the bowl near the back wall until the bowl is steady when moved.
Tighten the nuts down, and then caulk the bowl with polyseamSeal.
Clear works nice.

The Front of the bowl should be touching the floor, shimming is done at the back.

cst794_door.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks