RO spitting out water from faucet vent..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Phillbo

Reaction score
My RO is about 6 months old and ever since day one it has made gurgling and hissing noises out the vent hole in the faucet. Today it started pouring water out the vent hole.. I had to turn the supply line off to get it to stop. I imagine if I had not been home it would have made a huge mess.

Any suggestions where to start?

Thank you.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There is a drain tupe out of that air gap faucet, and where it is connected to the drain is clogged.

Phillbo

Reaction score
Could it do damage to the system if I tried to blow out the line by forcing high pressure air down the vent with my compressor ?

Phillbo

Reaction score
Thanks guys, it was clogged ..

I don't think it is installed correctly. It's tied into the sink drain below the point where the other sink with the disposal T's in. All the food that gets ground up from the Disposal has to pass over the drain line sticking into the pipe... I bet it should have been inserted above the T.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks