RO install in basement to feed kit sink,icemaker on first floor?

Users who are viewing this thread

swandog

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking at purchasing a Watts RO 4stage system. Ideally I'd like to install it in the mechanical room of the basement (basement is unfinished) and then have it feed a drinking tap at the kitchen sink and an ice maker. The reason for this is ease of changing filters and having the two runs without any connections terminate in an accessible place. Kitchen is on the main floor. The mechanical room is probably about 40' horizontally away from the kitchen area. I'm thinking I'll need a pump to account for the loss of flow. Can I run a small pex line from the endpoints back to the mechanical room? Are there adapters for the small 1/4" line to the pex? Any other thoughts/concerns?

Thanks
Doug

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks