Rivertide Suites, Seaside Oregon for a weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Living in the Seattle area, one of the things I love doing is heading down to the Ocean on the Oregon Coast. It's a nice four hour drive from Bellevue passing through towns like Raymond and South Bend.
The route I took was along the water on the way to Long Beach, but cutting just short of that and then heading down to Astoria.

seaside_4484.jpg

Seaside Oregon
We walked a block from our lodging to the next street over along this waterway. I bet this is a hopping place in the Summer time.

cannon_sue_06.jpg

Willie Nelson on vinyl.

It's a nice drive and South Bend has a nice resturant on the water by the docks. It was there that we had lunch,
listening to the Willie Nelson Stardust album on a record player, looking out over the Willipa River.

cannon_sue_terry_01.jpg

A coffee press. And I picked up a science book from 1924

cannon_sue_04.jpg

Seaside at sunset

We got into Seaside near dusk, and went down to the Promenade. The sun was just setting and the view was nice. We checked into the Rivertide Suites, very nice rooms with breakfast in the mornings. We had a bedroom suite looking over the river from our room. The tub in the room was six feet long with air jets. I did the shower which was nice too. The unit had two flat panel TV's; one in the bedroom too. I found we were within walking distance to shopping, resturants, bars and the beach.

cannon_sue_02.jpg

Seaside in the morning.

Once there at the Rivertide Suites, there wasn't much reason to move the car again. We had one breakfast at the Pig 'N Pancake, a nice window seat, and the food was great. I will be doing that again. Friday night we went to the Twisted Fish for karaoke. It also served as a club for dancing.

Saturday we went to Cannon Beach and took in the beauty of the beach there. It was Novemeber 23rd, and we stripped down to our shirts, sat in the sun that afternoon, finished off a bottle of Merlot and waited for the sun to go down. There were plenty of people walking the beach, and plenty in the water on their boards. When the sun went down, we went into Mo's and had dinner. Again, nice window seat looking out over the Ocean. Nice. For those flatlanders out there, if you ever get a chance to hit the Left Coast, this is a nice spot!
Terry Love

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
seaside_4397.jpg

From the water side room of the Rivertide Suites
November on the Oregon Coast.

cannon_sue_05.jpg

Worlds largest oyster at South Bend. Serioiusly, that is the largest. They have special sea dogs for hunting those down. They snarfle through the sands with their tails wagging. They bark three times when they spot those big ones like that. One of those will feed a family for a week.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks