Rinnai tuning

Users who are viewing this thread

BimmerRacer

Reaction score
My R85 is running rich. According to Rinnai tech support, the unit is factory calibrated to 7.5" of WC. My regulator is set to 10.5" which is max spec'd for the unit. Would the right course of action be

1. Decrease pressure at the regulator to 7.5"
2. Recalibrate high/low fire
3. Replace the unit with an electric (j/k, folks)

Whats the right way to do it and why?

Thanks

Scott D. Plumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.profitableplumbing.com
Get an ASP out

Do you have a problem? Is it working right? If you don't have a problem, leave it alone.

If there is a problem, call Rinnai and Have them give you some names of Authorised Service Providers. Choose one and have them come out. If you try to reset the manifold gas pressures without the proper equipment and training, you will mess it up worse and posible void the warranty.

What makes you think it's running rich? I get the gas pressure thing, but have seen many like that never need anything done.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks