Rigid vs. Flotec Sewage Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Uncle Hamie

Reaction score
Hello - I'm planning on installing a new bathroom with a sewage pump in my basement - Home Depot has a 1/2 HP Rigid sewage pump for $199, and a 1/2 HP Flotec for $266. Is the Flotec one $67 better? I don't mind paying it, if it is. Photo attached.

Thanks for your thoughts,

-jon

Attachments

• SewagePumps2.jpg
    SewagePumps2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 4,834
Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pump

Personally, I would not buy either one, but would install either if you purchased it. As far as I am concerned, Zoeller is the only sewage/ejector pump I use, even though it is a lot more than the prices of either of those plastic pumps.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
zoeller only

get the zoeller, with a mercury switch hanging separate on the side of it..

dont ever buy a sewage pump where both the switch and pump are built into only ONE WIRE to plug into the wall..

you want to get a pump with 2 wires comming off the unit. One is the switch which plugs into the wall first and the second is the motor which plugs into the back of the switch....

if the switch ever fails , you can still unplug the set up from the wall and plug the motor in directly and get by for a while....

and its much, much easier to change out just the mercury switch that is piggeybacked on the pump,

Zoeller and many other places sell cheaper pumps that literally have to be pulled out of the hole (full of sewage) when they fail, and the top seal broken down to change the
bad switch.... and you do this with everything covered in fun.

stay away from them

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks