Ridgid K-750 Thoughts Please

Discussion in 'Drain Cleaning' started by ResPlumber, Sep 27, 2011.

1. ResPlumber

ResPlumber Plumber

Looking to get a new sewer machine and was thinking about the ridged k-750. I would only be doing residential building drains and sewers mostly 4" and in some
    cases 6". I would like to keep it around 1800 bucks and this one caught my eye and have had good luck with ridgid products. All feedback is welcome as well as other options for a machine.
    Thanks For the help
  2. ResPlumber

ResPlumber Plumber

I am also looking into a General Speed rooter with 5/8 cable and a general metro rooter with 5/8 cable.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The disadvantage of the K-750 is that it is a "single size drum" machine. I use a small drum with a 1/2" cable for 1 1/2" and 2" drains, and a 3/4" one for the larger drains. In addition, sometimes conditions call for the machine to be separated for access to the drain, and that is either difficult or impossible with the K-750. It is also expensive.
  4. ResPlumber

ResPlumber Plumber

Thanks for the info HJ. Do you have any recommendations on a machine?
    Thanks
  5. AssTyme

AssTyme Plumber

It's hard to beat the Spartan lineup of drum machines.
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

My recommendation would be based on my experiences over the past 60 years, but 'younger' plumbers might want machines that do most of the work for them.
  7. SewerRatz

SewerRatz Illinois Licensed Plumber

My father and grandfather has been using Spartan machines for well over 60 years. They are a well built machine. The K-750 is not a bad machine either. It does not have an inner drum like Spartan which cab cause some trouble if you are not careful. It is much narrower than most mainline machines so it is pretty easy to get into most tight spaces. As for price, it is not as expansive as a Spartan, or the Ridgid K-7500 or any other large drain cleaning machines. Brand new you can get one for around 1100 bucks, you can find them used for half that all day.