Rheem condensing unit venting

Discussion in 'Tankless Water Heater Forum' started by Tankless in Seattle, May 5, 2011.

1. Tankless in Seattle

Tankless in Seattle New Member

Two questions related to the RTGH-95DVN indoor condensing unit. I am planning to use the flat horizontal termination kit that routes the intake and exhaust vents in parallel:

1) Why do the diagrams show a condensate drain on the intake vent? If either, I would expect it to be on the exhaust vent.

2) For a horizontal vent, Rheem specifies a slope running down to the outside. For a vertical vent, Rheem specifies the horizontal leg of the vent to slope down toward the unit. I don't understand this difference.

I have the vent kit mounted to bevel siding, which slopes down toward the unit, presumably the wrong way. I can adjust the angle, for example, with a sixteenth bend, but first I would like to understand the principle of vent drainage, both in terms of the slope and drainage.

Thanks in advance.