Reverse Osmosis Install

Users who are viewing this thread

Ncage1974

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a plumber coming out tomorrow to do a RO install. Its pretty tight fit and want some opinions on how doable it is. Here are some pics:

I'm not sure from the preview if these images will be viewable so if they are not here are the direct links:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujhcla70umwuphb/FullSizeRender.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1rvxl76gg4nd2n/FullSizeRender-2.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rivw93dntlyykr/FullSizeRender-1.jpg?dl=0

Ok with what you can see do you think this is doable? Can the plumber move the pipe easily coming from sink on the left side to make some more room? Also concerned about the garbage disposer too. Its a piece of junk and at some point i want to replace it. Also i need remove the be able to change the filters on the RO system too. Here is diagram i found which would be nice if i would be able to do this:
ro-install_system-components-diagram.gif

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
If you have a water softener, the feed water should be the softened water. Some people run unsoftened water to the cold in the kitchen sink, so I thought I would bring that up. If no softener, never mind.

I presume he will leave it just sitting as you have it, or move it to the left side of the under-sink area. The left side would be better I would think since you expect to swap out the disposer. I am expecting that he will not screw the mounting bracket to the cabinet, since you will need to pull the unit out to change the elements.

The flex tubing will be quite flexible an movable.

Read the directions. It probably says to throw out the first tank.

Ncage1974

Reaction score
If you have a water softener, the feed water should be the softened water. Some people run unsoftened water to the cold in the kitchen sink, so I thought I would bring that up. If no softener, never mind.

I presume he will leave it just sitting as you have it, or move it to the left side of the under-sink area. The left side would be better I would think since you expect to swap out the disposer. I am expecting that he will not screw the mounting bracket to the cabinet, since you will need to pull the unit out to change the elements.

The flex tubing will be quite flexible an movable.

Read the directions. It probably says to throw out the first tank.

Hi and thanks for the reply. So is seems very doable:). I guess the big negative if he doesn't move the pipes is there is probably the disposer i was going to get won't fit (waste king 8000 1hp)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks