Reverse osmosis faucet air gap over flows water on the counter

Users who are viewing this thread

Talisker

Reaction score
Whenever I turn on garbage disposal, my reverse osmosis overflows water on to the counter and then slowing leaks inside the kitchen sink cabinet. Why does this happen? Please help.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The airgap drain should be located in a different location. i assume you have a saddle tap type of connection. These are technically not to code, but they are common and pose no real world problems. The air gap drain tap should be located on the other sink drain, and it must be installed on the sink side of the p-trap. Look under the sink to determine the best location for the saddle tap.

You could also update your drain to code with one of the items pictured here.

dishwasher_07.jpgdrain_boa_02.jpg

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
It overflows because when the disposal is running it won't accept water from the RO filter. Like Dittohead said, Move its drain.

Talisker

Reaction score
Thank you. Plumber had connected reverse osmosis drain pipe in wrong location.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks