retro fit corian countertop

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by RQuinton, Aug 15, 2005.

1. RQuinton

RQuinton New Member

Aug 15, 2005
    I am retrofitting my kitchen sink with an under sink water filter system. I will need to have a hole drilled into my corian countertop and possibly the inlaid sink to install the water dispenser at the faucet level(it has a circular base). Is this something that a general plummer can do? Or can a do it your selfer do this with the right drill equipment? What drill would you suggest?
  2. slb

slb New Member

Jun 17, 2005
    San Francisco North Bay
    For what it's worth, when our Corian countertops were intalled, the installer used an ordinary hole saw to cut the holes for the faucet and air-gap. Looked pretty simple, as long as you drill in the right place. The good thing about Corian is that repairs are possible and are barely noticeable.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. plumguy

plumguy New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Drilling Corian is just like drilling wood. So, if you are comfortable with wood then you should be fine.
  5. thezster

thezster New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Retired young... day trade stocks - and to keep bu
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Just remember - measure twice - cut once.... while repairs are possible, the service call is outrageous for patching an "oops"....