retro fit corian countertop

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by RQuinton, Aug 15, 2005.

1. RQuinton

RQuinton New Member

I am retrofitting my kitchen sink with an under sink water filter system. I will need to have a hole drilled into my corian countertop and possibly the inlaid sink to install the water dispenser at the faucet level(it has a circular base). Is this something that a general plummer can do? Or can a do it your selfer do this with the right drill equipment? What drill would you suggest?
  2. slb

slb New Member

For what it's worth, when our Corian countertops were intalled, the installer used an ordinary hole saw to cut the holes for the faucet and air-gap. Looked pretty simple, as long as you drill in the right place. The good thing about Corian is that repairs are possible and are barely noticeable.

-Steve
  3. plumguy

plumguy New Member

Drilling Corian is just like drilling wood. So, if you are comfortable with wood then you should be fine.
  4. thezster

thezster New Member

Just remember - measure twice - cut once.... while repairs are possible, the service call is outrageous for patching an "oops"....