Retaining Sleeve -old to new on Price Pfister

Users who are viewing this thread

pmivito

Reaction score
Hi,

I am replacing a Price Pfister Shower surround handle. I believe it is an Avante, I am replacing with an Avalon. Ihave spoken with Price Pfister and their plumbers. It appears that in 1988 the contractor installed a white plastic sleeve as an adapter at the time to fit PP old retaining sleeve (1 1/8 inch). They discontinued that sleeve, and now only carry and distribute the 1 inch sleeve with all models. They recommended that I remove the old white plastic adapter (that slips on over the valve), the problem is that the screws to do so are behind the fiberglass shower stall. I would like to avoid cutting the shower stall or hiring someone to do this work. My question is:

Does anyone make a 1 1/8 inch polished crome retainer sleeve that I could use. Since it is just a sleeve, and polished crome is a popular finish, I don't care about mixing brands on just the sleeve. I am assuming that maybe another company or even generic one would work since everything else from the Avalon kit works great, just need a retaining sleeve to fit this old plastic piece on the outside of the valve. Thank you so much.

Paul

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks