restart a model 30

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by tomgun, Sep 25, 2009.

1. tomgun

tomgun New Member

I have a model 30, around 12 yrs old. It was working fine and I decided to shut it off (Don't ask why). I would like to restart it now, It has a few inches of standing water in the bottom of the salt tank. There is also a waffle-like piece in the bottom which appears to have a piece broken off. I never restarted one before, any advice? Thanks
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

A model 30 softener? What brand? It sounds like a Kinetico.
  3. tomgun

tomgun New Member

model 30

Yes it is a kinetico.
  4. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Alrightie then... personally I'd undo, reverse, what I did to turn it off. Other than that, because I don't know what you did to turn it off, I don't know what to tell you other than you should add some salt to the salt tank but I wouldn't add more than a 40 lb bag; and then do a manual regeneration and when that is done, you have to do another one so both tanks are regenerated.