Residential urinal, 1/2" supply

Users who are viewing this thread

TR_909

Reaction score
I'm planning on putting a Toto UT104 0.5gpf urinal into a bathroom where getting a 3/4" water line is impossible for a few reasons. All I have to work with is 1/2". The valve will be a manual Toto flushometer 0.5gpf. The house is on a well system and pressure at the tank is 30psi at the minimum, but I haven't done any fancy pressure testing at the bathroom. If I install a 2 gallon diaphragm accumulator and run 3/4" line from that to the urinal will this be enough to support the valve flush requirements?

Is there anything else I should consider during this project?

Thanks for the great forum!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The flushometer only needs of course, the 0.5 gallons....but it needs an instananeous flow of something like 20 gallons per minute. That is why a 1/2" pipe will usually prove indadequate.

Your accumulator idea is probably the correct approach, and as hj says, keep it close.

TR_909

Reaction score
Thanks for the sanity check on my idea guys. It may be a while before this is finished, but i'll reply and let everyone how it worked out. I know i'm not the only one wanting to do this.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks