Residential, found the forum looking to buy new

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by SF, May 25, 2010.

1. SF

SF New Member

Glad I came across this forum. I went to a local reputable dealer and they suggested I buy a Cadet 3 to replace a 10 year old basic Crane that I'm tired of.

I'd never heard of Toto but now that's the way I'm going thanks to this forum. If it's just me in a ranch style home I'm looking between the Ultramax and I've also read about the Drake. Quick questions:

* I'm taller, I wanted a taller height but it seems the Ultramax is the same height as the one I'm replacing? Do I just take care of this with a taller seat?

* I see Terry 'loves' the Ultramax MS854114SG... but I see an Ultramax II here and there on the net. I'm also not sure of why some buy the Drake instead (cost?)

Thanks for any help. I'd like a nice model 1 piece easily cleaned that I don't have to flush 2-3 times and use a plunger randomly. Thanks!

Sorry I'm a noob here if this thread is also here somewhere else.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The Drake and the Ultramax have ADA versions, you will find the letter "L" in the model number, which means the bowl is 16-1/2" tall
    Drake CST744SL, CST744EL
    Ultramax MS854114SL, MS854114EL, MS8/54114ELG

The othe Toto models that use the Letter "F" means the bowl is 16-1/8" high.
    The Drake II, Vespin II, Carlyle II and the Ultramax II are F bowls at 16-1/8"
    Drake II CST454CEFG
    Vespin II CST474CEFG
    Carlyle II MS614164CEFG
    Ultramax II MS604164CEFG
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
  3. SF

SF New Member

So there is no model for TOTO that has all of the following. Sanagloss, 1.6gpf, elongated bowl, g-max & at least 16" tall?

From other reviews for cleaning purposes I'd like the sanagloss. Wish the Ultramax came in a taller height with Sanagloss I'd buy one today.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Then pick up the
    Ultramax ADA MS854114ELG
    Ultramax II MS604164CEFG
    Drake II CST454CEFG
    1.28 GPF but so what, they work!

These are tall bowls with Sanagloss and they flush fine.
    I"m selling a ton of these.