Replumbing Under the Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

JerJones1

Reaction score
I have an issue I'm having trouble visualizing. I have double sink with disposal. Currently one side is hooked up to allow for use. I'm struggling on how I'm going to correctly hook up the disposal. The disposal discharge tube is currently at the same height as the main drain line. The sink holes are off set and I can figure out how to get the disposal and other plumbing to align. A picture is posted. The main drain line is directly behind the disposal line and comes out of the wall at about a 45 degree angle with very little means of modification based on the setup. Thanks for any ideas.

Jeremy

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 282

Stuff

Reaction score
I have the same problem and have searched but there is no easy solution. Mine is rigged to work but water stays in the disposer. I wish they made a shorter unit.

The proper solution is to open up the wall and move the drain down.
Other option is to get a shallower sink.
Last option is to get rid of the disposer.

JerJones1

Reaction score
Luckily I found a solution once I had some more time to look at it, talk to some of the Guys at the Hardware store and piece it together under the sink. I ended up having enough room to put in a double Y fitting and then used two p-traps one for the disposer and one for the other sink bowl. I now also have a clean out plug if the drain ever gets clogged. Looks and works great!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 293

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That was going to be my suggestion, although I might have suggested a regular Y, but could not see what your connection looked like because it was behind the disposer pipe in your original picture. I was not sure if there would be room for a double Y next to the disposer. Your dishwasher drain should have a "high loop" up to the bottom of the counter top before connecting to the disposer.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks just like it smooky. Thanks. That brings up a question in my mind concerning an air gap for this device. Since kitchen drains are the nastiest things in the known universe is there a decent separation between them and the clean drinking water customers are expecting from their filtration system?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks