replumbing 1 1/2 sch40 to kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

eowynn

Reaction score
im tring to put new cabinets in my kitchen any help with my plumbing prob is greatly appreciated
in the 1st picture you can see the pipe 1 1/2 sch 40 that i cut out. my drain was originally mounted outside the drywall untill it got to my kitchen sink then went in the wall hidden behind the studs.

i thought it would be simple just put in a tee, all done... well from reading here i can tell that was wrong... when my washer drained which is located about 20 feet to the left, my kicken sink would leak at the threaded connection b4 the p-trap which is shown in picture 2.

from what i can gather from the info here , i need to install a wye as shown in picture 3

is that correct ? and how do i end up with threaded fitting flush or at least at a right angle to the wall that i can slide my 1 1/2 plastic pipe and p -trap to?

Attachments

• Sept 2013 442.jpg
    Sept 2013 442.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 390
  • Sept 2013 443.jpg
    Sept 2013 443.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 549
  • Sept 2013 444.jpg
    Sept 2013 444.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 366

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You need more than just a "Y". The problem is that the washing machine should NEVER drain Past the sink drain. You have flow problems, lack of vent problems, and maybe one or two other ones.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks