replacing undermount bathroom sink. Need advice

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Roy McDowell, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Roy McDowell

Roy McDowell New Member

my daughter poured boiling water in one of our bathroom sinks. It cracked. It is virtuous china mounted on a granite or marble countertop. I have removed the clips and cant break the sink loose. How would this probably been adhered. I am afraid to pry to hard.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

It will have a bead of adhesive caulk...latex or silicone...to seal it. Use a very thin flexible putty knife or spatula to get through that...poking and slicing more than prying.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Heat the blade of a utility knife and "melt" the adhesive. You will have to reheat it every couple of inches.
  4. Roy McDowell

Roy McDowell New Member

Thanks, The advice worked. I have been busy and have not posted a reply. But this helped.