replacing toto toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

imate

Reaction score
I have a toto drake elongated ada compliant toilet bowl. can i replace the bowl with a regular height toto drake without changing any plumbing or floor tiles or anything like that? the rough in the ada is 12" while the rough in for the regular is 10".

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It depends on how they did the tile underneath...if it was done well where the tile goes all the way to underneath the flange with no gaps, then the floor surface should be okay although you may have to do some cleanup if there's any caulk (could leave an outline). If they didn't run the tile everywhere, you might have ugly holes showing.

On the Drake, to get a 10", they use a different tank as I understand it. I'm pretty sure if you swapped tanks, that 12" ADA version tank will fit on the lower one and you'd have the same gap at the rear (iow, it'd be a 12" rough-in toilet). If you just swap the entire toilet with attached tank, then you'll have the gap.

imate

Reaction score
correction to replacement of toto toilet

I have a little more information to fill in. I had looked up the wrong information on the toto website. I see the drake toto non-ada size does also have a 12" rough in. So is there anything else I should be concerned about changing from ada compliant to non-ada compliant? Thank you for your previous reply.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The base then should have nearly the same footprint, so fit should be okay...if the old toilet was caulked (and it should have been), it could take some work cleaning it off. Should be a straight swap.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks