Replacing sink undermounted in granite slab

Users who are viewing this thread

nottages

Reaction score
What is the procedure to replace a sink mounted on top of plywood and under granite slab? Does the slab need to be removed and reattached? Or do you cut out the plywood, remove old sink and install new sink? If so, how is the new sink attached?

Thanks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sink

The least destructive would be if the plywood cound be removed from under the sink. What kind of new sink do you have? If it is stainless steel, a granite company should be able to insert anchors for the attachment hardware, otherwise you would have to hold the sink in place against the granite while you construct a support structure under it.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
be careful

that is not for the faint of heart......

I dont think I woiuld even be willing to touch something like that...

you might want to let a granite guy actually do it for you....

if he messes it up , its on him,

I would get some advice about that from a local granite install company before you touch it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks