Replacing shower arm with ball joint, Price Pfiister

Users who are viewing this thread

dangs

Reaction score
I have an old shower arm that I want to replace with a threaded one because I need to take a shower and not use a bucket, but stores don't sell ones that connect to the ball type. So I wanted to know if you can unscrew the shower arm and replace it, but my dad said the arm is connected to a pipe and you would have to break the wall or something like that to change it. I don't believe him so I wanted to make sure if you can and if I need to call the plumber to install one. Also I was wondering if you can take it out would this work [h=1]Danco 89078 6-Inch Shower Arm and Flange, Chrome[/h]here are some pics of the shower arm

phister-ball-joint-1.jpg

phister-ball-joint-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Shower Arm

They do unscrew, but if it has been a long time there is a chance that it will break when you try to take it out. They also make a shower arm adapter that will change the ball to a standard thread, you can find them on the net by asking for a shower head adapter, luck.
The thread in the wall is a standard 1/2" FIP

drop_ear_90.jpg

A standard shower arm is threaded on both sides, not just the side to the wall.

shower-arm-terrylove-01.jpg

They also make an adapter for the ball.

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks