Replacing rear-outlet neoprene gasket

Users who are viewing this thread

Littlebrook

Reaction score
Hi,

My floor-mount, rear-outlet toilet is leaking so I plan to replace the gasket. The local plumbing supply store sold me a neoprene gasket that is 3/4'' thick, with a 3 3/8'' ID and 5 1/2'' OD, flat on one side and tapered on the other. I was told this should work fine and that if it didn't I can always go back for the thicker gasket. Are neoprene gaskets "universal" fit? I am assuming that the flat side goes against the wall and the tapered side on the toilet.

I have seen in some discussion threads that an adhesive is supplied with the Zurn neo-seal but in my case, no adhesive came with the gasket. The guys at the plumbing store said that I don't need an adhesive. Is this correct? Is there some sort of adhesive I should use to make sure that I don't spring a leak?

Thanks

Last edited:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
The gasket is fine.
The reason you get a gasket with adhesive on one side is because when you go to install a back outlet toilet the gasket goes on the wall and it will fall when you start to push the toilet on and let go of the gasket.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks