Replacing Pumbing

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by nypdlee, Nov 29, 2004.

1. nypdlee

nypdlee New Member

I am replacing the plumbing (polybutilene) in my home. Luckily I have easy access under the home with a five foot crawl space. I have to choose between Flowguard Gold or PEX. I am leaning toward the Flowguard but so far the quote is $1300 more from a company that installs it. Is that price difference worth it? Is one product better than the other? I live in South Carolina just above the Georgia coast line, so the weather is moderate.
    I am also replacing an Electric Water Tank. On this island they are installed in the attic. (I'ts like an impending disaster waiting to happen) Any suggestions. Thanks :confused: