Replacing one-piece form-factor shower and tub

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by bshanahan, Mar 15, 2007.

1. bshanahan

bshanahan New Member

Hi there, I am interested in replacing my one-piece plastic form shower and tub. It was the rage in the mid to late 80's but is cracking in spots now. What is the best way to remove the old liner and replace it with real tub.

Thanks,
    -B
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

You'll have to remove some of the drywall around it to reveal the edges. Unscrew it or pull out the nails. Disconnect the fixture and drain, then you should be able to drag it out. BUT, I'd take a sawsall and cut it into more manageable sized pieces. In nearly all cases, the one piece systems are put in place once the house is closed in and before most framing is done - they are just too unwieldy to try to maneuver into place otherwise. Make sure you don't cut any wires or pipes in the demolition process.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Sawzall.

And plumbers do not use the term "form factor"!!! That is for engineers and architects.
  4. bshanahan

bshanahan New Member

I guess I should have selected another term. How about all-in-one?
  5. kordts

kordts In the Trades

I have heard module used quite a bit.
  6. bshanahan

bshanahan New Member

I like the sound of that. The "All-in-one-form-factor module"!