Replacing line from house to septic tank

Users who are viewing this thread

countryhouse

Reaction score
I will be replacing the line from my house to the septic tank in a few months.

The current line is made up of short tile sections with hubs. The line is probably broken somewhere or has sank, as it plugs every so often. The length of the run is about 60 feet.

I will be using schedule 40 4" diameter PVC pipe.

I have read that some people don't use the PVC solvent-welded couplings, but rather use the rubber couplings with the worm-gear clamps. They claim that this allows some settling and movement without breaking the solvent-welded joints.

What is the opinion here on how I should couple the joints? Our frost line here is 42" down if that is a factor.

And I will also be installing a cleanout where the pipe exits the house.

Thanks
Steve

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The "joints" do not break. If anything happened it would have to be that the pipe snapped, and that would be very unusual if it did. We ALWAYS use the regular couplings.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks