replacing lead bend

Users who are viewing this thread

Jim Mills

Reaction score
Sorry for the poor drawing. Need to replace this lead closet bend & lav drain without doing any demo to the tile floor. Existing lead line to lav is set on top of joists & burried in mud floor. I have two possible solutions.

Red line represents wye off of cast for lav drain.

Green line represents using high heel elbow.

Both options would include replacing sanitary tee & tying into existing galvanized vent above it.

Attachments

• drain.jpg
    drain.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 436

Bill Shack

30years plumbing 10years plumbing inspector
Reaction score
That is very old way of doing a powder room. Back then you had to do a wipe lead joint to make the connection on to the lead bend. It has been out of the code books for almost 60 years but still legal if it is existing. Remove it and install the y

Jim Mills

Reaction score
How about plumbing as it originally was using a 4 X 4 x 2 sanitary tee?

drain.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Mills

Reaction score
Oops, that last drawing doesn't make any sense. That is not a lead San tee. I'm just wondering if I can tie in to the vertical 4" line like the drawing shows, and how close the the closet flange the side inlet can be? thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks