Replacing Honeywell Braukmann PRV D06 F series

Users who are viewing this thread

gregP

Reaction score
I have a Honeywell Braukmann PRV D06 F series leaking at its plastic cap. Is it a DIY job to replace it? Where can I find the part? If I can't find the same kind of part, what other kind of PRV can I use to replace it.

Thank you very much for your time and advice.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I trust one of the pros will answer your question about repairing this PRV. Have you gone to a plumbing shop that handles this brand and inquired about repair parts? That would be the first thing I'd do because repairing should be cheaper than replacing. As far as replacing with another one, the Watts is a very basic installation. It is soldered solidly on one end and uses a union on the other. If you can sweat a joint, it's simple. This is the only brand I am personally familar with, but I would have to assume installation of other brands would be quite similar.

gregP

Reaction score
I checked out 2 local plumbing suppliers and local Home depot. No luck to locate a D 06. They all suggested to replace the valve with a Watts. One supplier asked 70$ for Honeywell Braukmann D 05.

The impression I got was that it will require cutting and soldering to replace the valve. I will call a pro for the job. I didn't attempt to repair the orginal valve.

JK60

Engineer
Reaction score
I just purchased a Honeywell Braukmann D05 on the internet from State Supply for $38.10 plus shipping - http://www.statesupply.com/displayCategory.do?Id=1871

Having said that, after installation, I was not happy with it's pressure drop off performance. Maybe it was just a fluke with the particular unit I've received, I can't really tell since that is the sum total of my experience with this PRV. I have contacted Honeywell Braukmann Tech Support and they did not have an explanation. I replaced it with a Wilkins 600 pressure regulator and got an improved performance out of that one. I must point out that a supplier of the Honeywell Braukmann PRV warned me that they do not have high flow characteristics. I ignored his warning because the spec on the valve seemed to contradict his statement. Apparently he knew what he was talking about.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks