Replacing Emergency light

Users who are viewing this thread

dougle

Reaction score
Replacing an emergency light that fell off the ceiling when was being tested and confused with 2 extra wires. I have the 120v plug but also a red and blue 16 gauge set of wires that for the life of me can't figure out where they connect to in the head unit. They are connected to a 14/2 romex wire that disappears into the ceiling at the junction box. I need to replace the head unit but have no idea how I will wire up those 2 wires.... ideas?
Head unit was a Emergilite CPRO-2-L

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That unit can be run via 120vac/207vac or dcv. Depending on how it is powered, some of the wires will not be used. Without some testing, there is no way for someone remote to tell you. If yours has dcv inputs, those must be in a separate electrical box from the acv supply. Here is the instruction set for the light you specified http://www.emergi-lite.com/usa/modules/Files/el_32e_750.1705_RevC_14-4-2014.pdf

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks