Moen Posi-Temp, replacing cartridge of bathtub faucet single handle

Users who are viewing this thread

Nimika

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to repair the leak bathtub faucet and want to replace the cartridge. I was able to remove the handle and temp control but the sleeve/stop tube is very tight and not able to pull out. I believe the retainer clip will be able to come out only if can pull out the sleeve. I tried to find the model no but I cannot find it anywhere engraved. so question is do I need to pull out the sleeve before I can pull out the cartridge ? as the sleeve is very tight how should I remove it. Please see the picture

Appreciate any help!!!

Thanks
Nimika

IMG_4865.JPG
IMG_4867.JPG

Nimika

Reaction score
Moen Posi-Temp. All hardware stores carry the 1222 cartridge for that.
How do I take out the sleeve it is very tight. do I need to pull it with nose plier or something with force ? also for removing the cartridge will I need to buy Moen cartridge puller ?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You may need to remove the face plate first, pull the sleeve and then you will have access to the clip that holds the cartridge in.
The cartridge can by pullled if needed by using wood screws into the body of it if pulling on the stem doesn't work.

moen-screws.jpg

moen_flemming3.jpg

Nimika

Reaction score
I removed the face plate screws, removed the face plate. I tried to remove the sleeve by pulling with hands is very tight it did not came off . Should i apply more force to pull it out ?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks