Replacing Basement Windows

Users who are viewing this thread

Mookie3333

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. I think I will be building a buck out of 2x6 treated lumber. I will probably use Tapcon blue screws, but was wondering- is there any type of brick anchor that doesn't require pre-drilling? This might simplify the installation. Thanks for any help, again.

Drick

In the Trades
Reaction score
Brick is probably soft enough that you could use a powder charged nail gun like a Ramset, but I think it might shatter the brick. Also, I've never tried it so you would have to check to be sure it would work before pulling the trigger. I think a hammer drill and Tapcons are the best way to go in your situation.

-rick

Mookie3333

Reaction score
Yep, I think tapcons and hammer drill would be best too. Thanks all for the help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks