Replacing a valve--should I use compression or quick connect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I dont have soldering stuff with my and its under a cabinet so I'd prefer to use either compression or quick connect. Which do you guys suggest?

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Both will be OK as long as it's accessible. I prefer compression.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
In my opinion, the compression would be less likely to fail. I think "real" plumbers would never use the so called quick connect.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Compression is pretty easy for a DIY person to do properly, but it's harder than the quick connect. The compression method, done properly, is more likely to provide a tight seal for decades with no problems, the quick connect a little less likely to do so. "Done properly" is the key, but like I say it isn't that hard to do if you have a nice clean, undamaged pipe surface on which to apply the compression ring.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
I prefer compression over quick connect, when you have enough space for a couple of good size wrenches to work down there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks