Replacing a Hydromatic DA-1 10 with a Zoeller M98 or Liberty 287

Users who are viewing this thread

Paulsiu

Reaction score
Based on some of the input from another post, I am thinking that I really need to upgrade the primary and probably the battery backup unit. I should concentrate on the primary first. How difficult would it be to swap out a DA-1 and replace it with a Zoeller M98 or Liberty 287. What gotha's should I be prepare for?

The well is a standard 18x24. I was thinking of bumping up from 1/3 to 1/2 hp for some extra safety margin for those occasional freak rain falls.

Any experience with either pump. Based on a lot of googling, I am edging toward Liberty because there's been a few comments about switches going bad. The Liberty also has a 3 year warranty vs. Zoeller's 1 year.

If I replace the sump pump, should I replace the check valves, too?

Paul

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks