Replacing a Delta Shower faucet w/diverter

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by av8tor50, Feb 13, 2007.

1. av8tor50

av8tor50 New Member

I am replacing a Delta shower faucet and have unscrewed the faucet, but there is a threaded sleeve on the pipe coming out of the wall that I cannot see how it is attached...maybe sweated to the 1/2" pipe?

The other problem I fear, is that I have twisted the stub pipe that I'm pretty sure is sweated in place behind the tub/wall. Won't know if it leaks till I try it I guess. :(

Any help is welcomed!

Mike

Attached Files:

2. Cass

Cass Plumber

It is sweated on.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

spout

If you did the right thing, you would have bought another Delta spout, it is not the faucet, and screwed it onto that adapter.
  4. av8tor50

av8tor50 New Member

Thank you.
  5. av8tor50

av8tor50 New Member

Yea, hj, I knew that. Thinking spout, wrote faucet. :rolleyes: HD 'nor Lowe's carries that spout and couldn't find it on Delta's site, any suggestions on where to buy that spout?
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

diverter

It is called a "pull down diverter" and is used on almost all of their tub/shower units. If you call Delta, they would probably send you one.
  7. Dan Pick

Dan Pick New Member

Pull down diverter tub spout

You need to order a Delta RP5836. The LIST price is $23.71. Be sure to lubricate the o-ring prior to installation.