replacing a bowl on a drake - anything else?

Should a rookie homeowner install a toilet?

• Sure, why not. Just be careful with the wax ring.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Probably not, call a plumber.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Excellent!! Great job! Congratulations!

If you want some help with the tank tightening in a few days, let us know! So glad it works.

starfieldroad

Reaction score
Thank you, it's reassuring to have some folks looking over my shoulder on this.

Generally it seems like there is better suction on the bowl clearing flush, if this is the case then I would attribute it to a more complete seal at the closet flange.

Comparing ADA to standard drake (both elongated): I like the ADA though at 5'6" it is almost a stretch for me. We'll see what life without CEFIONTECT/ CeFiONtect is like in the coming weeks, ha ha.

The previous bowl had a black rubber boot / gasket on the bottom hole (mating to the hole in the closet flange) and the new one does not. I think that may have been an add on from the plumber's install... any ideas?

I still have the cracked bowl and will take photos before it goes away.

I will def be checking back in on the tank wobble situation -- probably mid-week next week.

Reach4

Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks