Replacement Toilet for small half bath

Users who are viewing this thread

Workinghere

Reaction score
HI! We just bought a house! But we hate the toilets. Probably 20 years old, same as the house. They seem to use a lot of water and do a poor job flushing...So I want to replace them.

Looking at the toto drake 2 and the AS champion 4.

Have a couple questions:
1. Our half bath is small. The front of the current toilet is about 26.5" from the wall. This led me to the smaller AS Champion 4 Round version, but the schematic looks like its 28.5" (the same size as the toto drake 2?). Is this the case? Can anyone recommend a great toilet that will fit into the current space?

2. Will I want to use the same toilet throughout the house for aesthetic purposes? I was hoping to use elongated toilets in the other 2 full baths.

thanks.:cool:

Workinghere

Reaction score
looking at more models, I see the regular Drake Round is smaller. Is the Drake just as good as the Drake 2?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I put two Drakes into my mother's house, and yes, they work fine. The II uses a bit less water per flush and has a newer bowl wash design, but the old one works. Keep in mind that with any of the newer low-flush toilets don't keep the bowl as clean as the older 3.5 or larger gully washers did. Another thing to keep in mind is that you tend to sit around an elongated bowl more than a round one, so a longer toilet does not push you further into the room - your knees would be in the same place. As long as you don't have a door swing to get in the way, I'd rather go with an elongated toilet - much more male friendly.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
In answer to your question, you can happily mix toilet models around the house if you want. If you do choose one model, say the original Drake (great toilet -- have 2 of them), nobody will notice that one is round and one elongated, until they sit on them.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The sitting position is the same for both the round and the elongated. Your feet and knees will be in the same position when sitting down.
You only save 1.5" buy going round over elongated, and that is just at the end of the bowl.
Men don't really fit on round. Elongated whenever possible is the right choice.

The Champion 4 is a beast as far as taking up space. They are heavey and bulky.
The Cadet 3 is a better choice.

And then of course, any of the Toto Drakes are good.

The Kohler Santa Rosa is a smaller elongated bowl. Much smaller then the A/S

The TOTO Promenade CST423SFG is 26.5" long
Has a 16-1/8" high bowl, and has a CEFIONTECT option. This give you a space conserving bowl, with tall height.
Also, the TOTO Entrada round bowl, universal height CST243EF
http://terrylove.biz/toilets/98-toto-cst243ef-entrada-toilet.html

cst243ef_spec_pic.jpg

Last edited:

CindyJ

Reaction score
We just redid a very small powder room as well as two small full bathrooms. In the powder room, we were concerned about the distance from the toilet to the facing wall, which is only about 4 feet. After looking at specs for many toilets, we chose the Toto Promenade with a round bowl for that room, and it fits just fine. For the other bathrooms we chose the Toto Ultramax II; we weren't at all concerned about "mismatched" toilets.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks