Replacement seat for Kohler Rochelle

Users who are viewing this thread

sirvivor

Reaction score
as anyone with a Rochelle will know its (almost?) impossible to find a generic replacement seat to even remotely fit. Main problem is its length which needs to be at least 19.5 inches and ideally square-ish ended. Has anyone else managed to find a source that works? Any suggestions.

k-3385eb-rochelle-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sirvivor

Reaction score
price is exactly the point. There are one or two places that stock some out of date model spares, also at a hefty price and on top of that there is colour matching and high postage to Hong Kong --- so the real thing is not an option...btw I'm surprised if Kohler actually has stock. What I need is a generic wood model with a long shape 19.5 to 20 inches which will more or less fit. Failing that is there such a thing as hinge adaptors to make seat longer (or shorter for that matter).
This toilet seat saga has been an ongoing nightmare for months inc cutting the old screws off, and we have two bathrooms and the other one breaking is only a matter of time, and off we go again.

another btw --- I have seen a lot of posts re problem of getting Kohler bolts unscrewed and cost of special kit to do it, even my plumber was not keen to take it on. In the end simple answer was mini hacksaw the kind that has the blade poking out of the frontend of a plastic handle plus the sharpest blade 18 I think not 24. Then you poke it under the seat and start sawing the plastic bit first and eventually get to the screw, about 15 minutes per screw. Theres not much room to saw back and forth hence the time

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
You could just change the toilet with one that has standard parts. In the long run you will come out a lot better.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There are standard toilet seats, and then there is Kohler. Welcome to Wisconsin! Bring money.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks