Replacement for Honeywell L8148L-1005

Users who are viewing this thread

RaisingSkell

Reaction score
After 23 years this beast has given up the ghost. Unfortunately, no one seems to know that this beast existed in the first place. It is a Honeywell Aquastat L8148L-1005 (please note the "L" after the 8148 as opposed to a "A", "E" or "J". I've checked the web, local plumbers and local supply shops for a replacement without anyone having heard of the "L". I checked with Honeywell but in keeping with policy they won't provide me with any information. One supply house thought maybe it was a Canadian model but you would think it would show up on the web somewhere regardless.

It's appearance (see attached photos) is very similar to the L8148A, which is a horizontal mount and mine is a horizontal mount but is mounted vertically. Go figure! The system is quite simple: 2 zones on a gas-fed Burnham Series 2 boiler. Of course I've had all summer to solve this but here I am now facing a chilly autumn.

If anyone knows what the correct replacement for the L8148L-1005 would be I would be most appreciative.

Rick
011.jpg012.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks