Replaced Moen shower cartidge... still leaking

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by pauly99, May 27, 2008.

1. pauly99

pauly99 New Member

I replaced the Moen shower cartridge because I had a slow leak coming out of the spout in the bathtub. The replacement went fine but I still have dripping water coming out of the spout. Any suggestions?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Moen

Replace it with a good one.
  3. pauly99

pauly99 New Member

Do you mean replace the new Moen cartridge that was put in yesterday with another new cartridge?
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Basically, if you put in a new cartridge and it leaks, then it is bad and you need another one.

But try this....remove the handle, and just with the blunt end of a screwdriver, push the cartridge all the way in. If the drip stops, it tells you there is a missing washer, or some other little thing, wrong with the handle attachment which stops it from going all the way off.

But otherwise, just get another new cart. Make sure it is genuine Moen brand.
  5. rombo

rombo New Member

did you put the washer thats on the bottom of this picture on first

Attached Files:

6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Moen

Everything that keeps the faucet from dripping is in the cartridge so if it still leaks you did something wrong or need a good stem.