Replaced Moen shower cartidge... still leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Pauly99

Reaction score
I replaced the Moen shower cartridge because I had a slow leak coming out of the spout in the bathtub. The replacement went fine but I still have dripping water coming out of the spout. Any suggestions?

Pauly99

Reaction score
Do you mean replace the new Moen cartridge that was put in yesterday with another new cartridge?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Basically, if you put in a new cartridge and it leaks, then it is bad and you need another one.

But try this....remove the handle, and just with the blunt end of a screwdriver, push the cartridge all the way in. If the drip stops, it tells you there is a missing washer, or some other little thing, wrong with the handle attachment which stops it from going all the way off.

But otherwise, just get another new cart. Make sure it is genuine Moen brand.

Rombo

Reaction score
did you put the washer that's on the bottom of this picture on first

Moen-100710-rw-55160-10292.jpg

Matt Chan

Reaction score
I realize this thread is 2 yrs old, but I created an account just so I can reply.

I had the exact same issue and although I was skeptical, I went back to HomeDepot and got another one and replaced the new cartridge I had just installed, and voila, problem solved!

So ya, I guess the moral of the story is always buy 2 parts so you're not left stranded without water because of a defective cartridge. There's another brand that was $10 cheaper that I might try next time, I'm not impressed with Moen quality anymore.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks