Replaced cartridge, shower still not working

Users who are viewing this thread

srparrothd

Reaction score
Shower abruptly stopped working. Nothing gradual about it. I turned it on one morning and nothing came out. I replaced the MOEN posi-temp cartridge. Still nothing. I turned it upside down in case my hot and cold were reversed, nothing. Any other tricks to this process?? It seemed pretty straight forward, but I must be missing something? THX!

moen_posi-temp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
It could be almost anything.

Assuming the cartridge that you installed is not faulty. Check your shower head. Pull it off and see if a chunck of rubber got in there. I assume you do not have a toe tester/spout on the assembly.

The other thing to check, make sure the barrel where the cartridge fits is free of any debris

If all else fails, it may be a faulty positemp cartridge.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Could you be in a location where one or both of the supply lines are frozen?

If pressure is lost on either with a pressure balanced valve you get nothing.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pipe

IF the hot water line froze, (or less likely the cold water), it would shut off all the water from the valve. The idea is that you should find out EXACTLY what the problem is before you start spending time and money changing things.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks