replaced bladder-water shuts off

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by s.kanupp, Apr 3, 2008.

1. s.kanupp

s.kanupp New Member

I let an friend with alleged knowledge of well pumps replace water bladder in garage, (I had been having to add air for months). Now in the mornings after short shower the water runs out. Takes 10 minutes before water will come back. What can I do now? I have very limited knowledge, never had problems before? Thanks, Stephanie
  2. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

Chances are, your well is not producing the water you require, or the pump can't keep up for what ever reason.

The tank is only as good as the drawdown it has. Which in most cases is less than 20 gallons. Then it's up to the pump and well to keep up with demand.

bob...
  3. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Could it be as simple as too much air in the tank? If the air pressure is too high the pump won't run.

Sounds like a good time to have a knowledgeable person check out the system.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  4. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

Start reading here. This should explain more than you ever wanted to know about Bladder Tanks.
    bob...
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tank

If the pressure it too high the pump WILL run, but it will turn on and off much too frequently when water is being used.