Replace Sloan Flushmate in Crane Bowl with Gravity Fed Parts?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by tranman, Mar 20, 2011.

1. tranman

tranman New Member

I recently bought a home with a Sloan Flushmate pressure assisted system in a Crane toilet bowl. It requires multiple flushes so I bought Fluidmaster gravity fed fill and flush parts.

I installed the Fluidmaster parts but I can't seem to get a good enough flow out of the jets to get the toilet to flush. I tried thought it might be calcium buildup so I cleaned the jets both bottom and rim with vinegar and cleared them with the end of a coat hanger but no luck.

Is the Crane toilet bowl designed only for the pressure assisted Flushmate?

Any help would be very helpful! Thx!
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Pressure assist bowls are specifically designed to flush with the Flushmate pressure assist.
    The trapway design is different.
    If you intend to keep the bowl, you will need a replacement Flushmate.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  3. tranman

tranman New Member

Bummer, was hoping to not have to replace my bowl. Thx for the info!
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Why did the Flushmate require multiple flushes?
    They have a 1-800 number on the tank that lets you talk to a tech support person to troubleshoot the problem.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  5. schipperke

schipperke New Member

Instruction Manual

See if you can trouble shoot it. I had a Crane Flushmate, many many years worked great.
    Flushmate 503
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

If a pressure assisted toilet loses its "air bubble" in the tank, it will NOT flush properly, and can require two flushes or one while holding the handle down.
  7. Paul DeBoo - Sloan Flushm

Paul DeBoo - Sloan Flushm Flushmate

There are some simple troubleshooting tips to evaluate the Flushmate system, as Terry has indicated, please contact Flushmate directly or visit their website. View the video section for troubleshooting.