Replace Flowguard Gold on a remodel?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Marc remodel, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Marc remodel

Marc remodel New Member

Hi. I am doing an extensive remodel of a 5,000 sf house just south of Denver. The house was built in 1997 and they used the Flowguard Gold plumbing system. Is there any reason I should consider replacing all of the Flowguard Gold with something else while the walls are open? To the best of my knowledge, the existing system has not shown any problems.

Thanks very much!
  2. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand I hate CPVC and on the other, it's there, it ain't leaking so why change it unless there is some real problem. I think I would leave it.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

There have been NO documented systemic problems with CPVC, so I cannot see any reason to change it.