Replace Briggs, originally Case, 3000 low profile wall mount or just flush valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

saltara

Reaction score
I have a Briggs wall mount that was probably installed in the late 80s. I think the flush valve is bad--the tank no longer fills up.

Would it make more sense to buy a new Glenwall rather than try to find a replacement part for the old Briggs? (Does Briggs sell replacement parts for their old models?)

If I (my plumber) replaced the Briggs with the Glenwall, would it I need to buy a "carrier" or would the Briggs already have the necessary mounting stuff that the Glenwall would attach to? (FYI: I know zilch about plumbing.) Or does the carrier come with the Glenwall?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

saltara

Reaction score
Briggs Photo

Here's the photo you asked for.

IMG_1593_1_1.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

That is a Briggs, originally Case, 3000 low profile. There is NOTHING that replaces it without modifying the inside the wall carrier fitting and repairing the wall. It is also the only wall mount toilet which cannot overflow if it gets stopped up, so I would keep it. Any well supplied Briggs dealer has the repair kit for the fill valve which makes it like new.

saltara

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

The sticker inside the tank reads:
6000, 6002, 6005, 6006, 6011, 6012, 6014. One/Piece.
#62-8 Ballcock.

So, do you still think the toliet is a Briggs 3000, rather than in the 6000 series?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

aYou said it was the wall mount version so it would be the Case 3000, but Briggs could have changed the model to the 6000's to keep the numbering consistent with their regular models. The floor mount versions of that same toilet were the 6022, 6024, and 6026. The parts for the fill valve, there are only three pieces necessary, come in kit along with some parts you do not really need. Parts are expensive, but they last a long time. That was my favorite toilet and I was disappointed to see it discontinued.

saltara

Reaction score
toliet

I found the fill-valve online for about $217. The parts supply man said that it is also possible that the valve may be clogged and to contact Briggs so they could walk me through taking apart the fill valve.

I think there is a chance it could be clogged since we have a well and a lot of iron in our water. Our drinking water system (reverse osmosis) tubes got clogged after about 10 years, and this Briggs (Case) toliet has been sitting here for about 22 years. What do you think, try to unclog the fill-valve before purchasing a new one?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks